Indulge yourself with quite possibly the most uniquely gourmet mac ’n cheese gifting boxes around. Yum. Serves 4.
What you'll get:
COOK TIME: 15 min
Cheese Sauce (makes 750 mL)
- 2 1/2 tbsp butter
- 2-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups (350 mL) heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) milk
- 50 g Saputo Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 750 mL cheese sauce (per above)
- 200 g Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 100 g Saputo Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 300 g Brie cheese, sliced
- 454 g dry macaroni
- 8 slices of bacon or pancetta
- 4 stalks of green onion, sliced
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Stir in the flour and sauté for 1 minute more, stirring frequently.
- SLOWLY add in the heavy cream and milk whisking constantly until evenly combined.
- Continue cooking until the mixture reaches a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 1-2 minutes, until thick. Add in the shredded Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg, and whisk until the cheese is completely melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Season with extra salt and/or pepper, if needed. Keep warm!
- Heat oven to 400˚F.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a full boil and cook the macaroni until al dente. Once done, pour into a strainer and toss with a little olive oil to prevent the noodles from sticking together.
- While the macaroni is cooking, cook bacon or pancetta until crisp, then crumble up.
- Ensure your cheese sauce is still warm, maintain on medium-low heat, then stir in the Cheddar cheese and 100 g more of shredded Parmesan cheese. Continue to stir until cheese is melted.
- Add in the al dente macaroni and toss to coat.
- Pour noodles into oven safe individual dishes and top with slices of Brie cheese. Bake in the oven and cook until the Brie is fully melted and starting to bubble, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with bacon or pancetta and sliced green onions.
- Serve right away!
There’s a Perfect Nibbl for any Occasion
Give Your Cheese Some Love
Getting the very best from your cheese is easy. From storage tips to cutting advice, you’ll find everything we know about keeping great cheese in superb condition for serving.